Eagle Valley is the southernmost part of the Town of Tuxedo and of Orange County as well. In the colonial era, it was claimed by New Jersey until a NY-NJ border dispute was resolved in 1769. By that time the land had been acquired, along with most of the rest of present-day Tuxedo, by William and Solomon Townsend.
In the early 1800's, the Townsends sold their Eagle Valley holdings to the Brooks and Belcher families, whose farms operated here until they were purchased and combined by William Pierson Hamilton at about the same time Tuxedo Park was being developed just north of Eagle Valley. The Hamiltons' “Table Rock Farm” continued in operation until the death of William's son Alexander in 1970. Since the breakup and sale of Table Rock Farm in the mid-1970's, Eagle Valley has grown from 50 homes and about 150 people to 360 homes and a population of about 900.